Schedule an Initial Consultation:
Factors to Consider When Hiring Violent Crimes Defense Attorneys
In Las Vegas, Nevada and throughout the United States as a whole, there is a set of violent crimes. These offenses are among the most serious of all crimes and carry the most serious penalties for individuals who are convicted. Regardless of the specific crime you are arrested and charged with, it’s absolutely essential to hire Violent Crimes Defense Attorneys who can represent you in your case and protect your rights every step of the way. It’s important to know what these violent crimes entail.
The worst violent crime is murder, which can carry very serious penalties and even, potentially, the death penalty. No matter what the charge of the crime, it’s important to retain experienced Violent Crimes Defense Attorneys.
There are four categories of murder charges a person can face depending on the factors surrounding the case. They include the following:
- First-degree murder: This is the most serious of all murder charges and occurs when the individual deliberately and maliciously planned and carried out the crime. Violent crimes lawyers may be able to negotiate a lesser sentence for their clients.
- Felony murder: This charge is similar to first-degree murder but is charged when the individual carried out another felony as well, such as rape. Having a Violent Crimes Defense Attorney is important if you face a felony murder charge.
- Second-degree murder: This crime is classified as a class A felony.
- Attempted murder: This crime is charged when the prosecution proves that the defendant intended to kill other person and planned to do so.
Manslaughter is a crime that also involves the killing of another person. Unlike murder, it is done without intent or malice. There are different types of manslaughter, which include the following:
- Voluntary manslaughter: This crime is charged when the individual deliberately used physical force against the victim and caused death.
- Involuntary manslaughter: This crime applies when a person is killed but the individual did not intend to kill. It often stems from criminal negligence or recklessness, such as in the case of an apartment manager who negligently fails to install fire alarms in the apartment that results in the death of one of the occupants when there is a fire. Individuals who have good violent crimes lawyers have a better chance of serving less time.
- Vehicular manslaughter: This crime occurs when a person kills someone else while driving their car. While it can happen due to a DUI, it can also stem as a result of simply being reckless behind the wheel.
Other Violent Crimes
There are various other violent crimes in Las Vegas that warrant retaining skilled Violent Crimes Defense Attorneys. They include the following:
- Arson: This crime involves the deliberate setting of a fire to a building or structure.
- Assault: This crime occurs when a person commits a violent assault on another person. However, a person can also be charged if they merely make a threatening motion toward another person that strikes the fear of harm into them.
- Battery: This crime involves an assault that is successfully carried out rather than just threatened.
- Kidnapping: This crime involves taking another person and holding them against their will.
- Robbery: Robbery is a crime that involves the use or threat of force to take away another person’s property.
How Violent Crimes Defense Attorneys Can Help
You need a skilled criminal defense attorney who understands all the laws pertaining to violent crimes. You should never defend yourself in a case when you are facing any of these charges. Experience and thorough knowledge of the law is crucial in determining the outcome of your case and your future.
A violent crimes attorney on your side is vital when you have been arrested on any of these charges in Las Vegas. Contact Lance Hendron, an experienced and dedicated violent crimes attorney, to discuss your case immediately.
Tell Us About Your Legal Matter
Labels with an * are required.