Schedule an Initial Consultation:
Being accused or investigated on sex crime is not a laughing matter in Las Vegas. If you don’t have an experienced Sex Crimes Criminal Defense Attorney, you may end up serving life imprisonment.
The lives of many people have been turned around just because of minor sex crime allegations. Most of them get convicted through small evidence – sometimes in the form of a statement from the alleged rape victim. This means it is her or his word against yours.
Below Is A List Of The Most Common Sex Crimes:
- Statutory sexual seduction
- Sexual battery/sexual assault
- Child pornography
- Online solicitation of a minor
- Refusing or failing to register as a sex offender
- Indecent exposure
- Internet crimes against children
- Solicitation of prostitution
- Failure to register as a sex offender
There’s no doubt that being accused of or investigated for any of the above sex crimes can have grave social and economic ramifications to anyone. If convicted, you can easily find yourself serving a very long prison sentence.
Because of the complex sex crimes laws, it is important to retain a sex crimes criminal defense attorney as soon as you find out that you are being investigated. Some sexual crimes such as online solicitation of a minor require someone who understands sexual criminal law well.
The other thing you should know is that the law requires anyone who has ever been accused of rape, sexual assault, child pornography, or any other sex-related crime to register as a sex offender with the state department of justice. Failure to register as a sex offender can attract additional serious charges and fines.
Is Prostitution Legal In Las Vegas?
Prostitution is not legal in Las Vegas. Most people tend to think that prostitution is legal in Las Vegas but that’s just not true. You should probably talk to a sex crimes criminal defense attorney to find out more about what the law specifically says.
All crimes related to prostitution are punishable and can attract very heavy fines. Such crimes include:
- Solicitation of prostitution
- Engaging in prostitution
How Can A Sex Crimes Criminal Defense Attorney Help?
There are several ways a sex crimes criminal defense attorney can help including the following:
- Help you with the paperwork prior to the filing of the case
- Engage with investigators on your behalf
- Try to insulate you from the criminal allegations
- Attend court sessions on your behalf
- Try as much as possible to ensure that the case doesn’t get to the trial stage
- Bargain for a lenient conviction
Choosing the right sex crimes criminal defense attorney
There are many sex crimes criminal defense attorneys in Las Vegas and this can sometimes make it difficult to choose the right one.
Below are some important things to consider:
- While looking for a lawyer, it is important to choose someone like Lance Hendron who is experienced in sexual criminal law. Remember that not all lawyers can execute cases related to a sexual offense.
- Lance Hendron is one of the most experienced sex crimes criminal defense attorneys in Las Vegas. You don’t want to hire a lawyer who is just starting their practice to represent you.
Working with a Las Vegas Sex Crimes Criminal Defense Attorney
If you or someone you know is facing these types of charges, you will want to contact a Las Vegas Sex Crimes Criminal Defense Attorney immediately. Contact our office online or by calling 702-710-5555 to schedule an initial consultation to discuss your case.