If you should be charged with DUI in Nevada, you will want to hire a Las Vegas criminal defense attorney who understands DUI defenses. Since the police can make mistakes in these cases, we ensure that you have an attorney on your side who can use the proper defense for your case. With our years of experience, we at the Hendron Law Group can ensure that your lawyer will work hard in your defense and help you emerge from the court a winner.
Charged With DUI? Here Are Five DUI Defenses That Are Most Common
1. No Contact with Las Vegas Criminal Defense Attorney
- Anyone arrested for a DUI, must be given an opportunity by police to contact an attorney following their arrest. Since this is illegal in Nevada, protect your rights by contacting a lawyer here at the Hendron Law Group.
2. Inaccurate Breathalyzer
- Whether the machine malfunctions or the officer doesn’t possess proper training, breathalyzer results are extremely inaccurate. Since we know this is one of the most effective DUI defenses, working with us can be the difference between winning or losing your case.
3. Illegal Traffic Stop
- Unless an officer has reasonable basis to stop your vehicle, they are not allowed to do so in Nevada. Rather than let an illegal stop lead to DUI charges being levied against you, let us at the Hendron Law Group prove your vehicle should never have been stopped.
4. Poor Field Sobriety Tests
- Since many sober individuals have difficulty with field sobriety tests, these have been shown to be less than accurate in DUI situations. We realize this, which is why we at the Hendron Law Group will never let these tests alone lead to a DUI conviction.
5. No Evidence You Were Driving
- Just because you were in a vehicle doesn’t allow police to charge you with DUI. To do so, the police must see the following:
- You were actually driving the vehicle
- You were in physical control of the vehicle (engine on, key in ignition)
Even in these circumstances, don’t let yourself be taken advantage of.
Learn More About Dui Defenses
If you have been unjustly charged with DUI, consult with a Las Vegas criminal defense attorney here at the Hendron Law Group who specializes in DUI defenses. Contact a lawyer here at the Hendron Law Group to schedule an initial consultation to discuss your case.